Create a vault
Share sensitive data safely using our vaults. For example, passwords or other sensitive information.
- Enter your e-mail address and vault contents, such as a password or other code.
- Press the "Save & share" button and wait 1 to 2 seconds for encryption.
- Copy the link to your vault to share with others, such as via email or chat.
Secure your sensitive data with our vault service
Never send sensitive information directly by chat or email, so that this data is not left there endlessly. Not only can our vaults be used to securely send data to Exclusive-IT, but you can also share these vaults with others. Extra service from us.
The vaults are carefully designed and surrounded with advanced, modern and strong security measures. In addition, updates from Forendox ensure that encryption is at its strongest every day. Here are some key points regarding our vaults and their security:
- The link to your vault contains the key and is the only way to open the vault. Make sure to copy it.
- Vaults are automatically permanently destroyed after 72 hours, the link then stops working too.
- Encryption takes place directly on your device, even before the encrypted data is sent.
- Your vault contents are encrypted from start to endpoint: end-to-end encryption and TLS.
- The contents of your vault are always stored in encrypted form: zero-knowledge encrypted data-at-rest.
- No one, including Exclusive-IT, can access your vault without receiving your link.
Satisfied user? Did you know there are more possibilities?
Would you like to learn more about these features? Please contact us. We are happy to explain how you can utilize the following functions:
- Customizable time limit: Instead of the default 72 hours, you can now choose a time limit ranging from half an hour to 168 hours (one week).
- View limit instead of time limit: You can now set the vault to be automatically destroyed after a single view.
- No restrictions for longer texts: If you have a text that exceeds the standard limit of 150 characters, it's not a problem.
- Ability to share files: In addition to sharing texts, you can securely share files, which are encrypted in the same way.
- Multifactor authentication: This ensures that only the intended recipient has access to the content, even if the link falls into the wrong hands.
- Special categories: Protection of personal data that is considered extra sensitive according to the GDPR, such as medical data, for example.
But what about the technical details of the security and encryption?
Exclusive-IT takes technology and information security very seriously, including cryptography and encryption. A robust security doesn't rely on secrets but remains equally secure even when all details are known. That's why we strive for complete transparency in this regard:
- A unique salt: A random value used in the key derivation process to add additional security.
- An automatically generated 32-character-long cryptographically strong password.
- PBKDF2 for deriving a key from the unique password and unique salt.
- AES-GCM: The symmetrical encryption algorithm used for encrypting and decrypting the data.
- Initialization Vector: A random value used in conjunction with the encryption algorithm to ensure the uniqueness of the encrypted data.
- 600,000 iterations: The current recommended iteration count by OWASP, which adds computational cost to slow down potential attackers.
- The password is stored as a fragment in the link, so it is never saved in your browser history.
- A combination of a V4 UUID and a precise epoch in milliseconds, also gives an unparalleled and unpredictable vault identifier.
- And on top of that, there is also TLS, which adds an additional layer of encryption to every modern website. The recognizable padlock in the address bar.